Commercial Truck Insurance
Truck insurance is one of the most critical investments drivers, owner operators, and trucking companies can make for their business.
According to TruckerPath, there are 3.5 million truck drivers on the road in an industry that records nearly $726 billion in revenue each year.
Why Buy Insurance for Truckers?
Whether you need owner operator insurance for a single-truck business or operate an entire fleet of trucks, it is essential to get the right insurance from an experienced agency to meet your needs today and as they change as your business grows.
You can’t afford to have your trucks or drivers sidelined in the aftermath of an accident while you haggle with insurance adjusters. Here at Otterstedt, we understand that your time is money, and every minute your trucks aren’t on the road, you’re not making money.
That is why we offer timely service, prompt attention, and a wide range of protection options designed to get you and your drivers back on the road as quickly as possible after an accident.
Some of the insurance products we offer to include:
- Commercial trucker liability insurance. In today’s litigious society, this coverage alone can be a lifesaver for your trucking business. In fact, many drivers carry maximum liability protection as well as additional umbrella liability coverage that offers a little extra peace of mind.
- Physical damage coverage. Offers protection against things that harm your vehicles, whether they are manmade, man-driven, or caused by mother nature.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist protection. Sometimes accidents happen, and the person in the other vehicle has no insurance or insufficient insurance to cover the scope and scale of the damage. This insurance fills the gaps.
- Workers’ compensation insurance. This is only required by law if you have people working for your organization. Regardless of legal requirements, it is wise to invest in workers’ compensation insurance for trucking companies of all sizes.
- Cyber liability insurance. A growing number of trucking businesses rely on computers and technology to keep things moving. This makes them vulnerable to cyber attacks and cyber liability, which is protected with cyber liability insurance coverage.
- Rental reimbursement with downtime coverage. This allows you to continue making truck payments and meet other financial obligations while your business is inoperable after an accident. The rental reimbursement helps you get back on your feet while your truck is being repaired.
These specific types of coverage are in addition to standard insurance protection fleets, and owner operated organizations require, such as:
- Trailer interchange. Protects against damage you do to trailers not owned by you while that trailer is in your custody and care or under your control – whether they are attached to your trucks or not.
- Truck crime industry. Provides coverage gaps in traditional insurance offerings that protect your organization against employee theft of your cargo.
- Truck cargo insurance. Trucks move an incredible amount of cargo over great distances every day. This protection helps to cover your costs associated with lost, missing, damaged or destroyed cargo when covered events take place.
- Non-trucking liability insurance. Protects you and your truck when driving for non-business purposes.
- Trucking pollution insurance. Essential coverage that helps you clean-up potential pollutants after an accident.
- Umbrella Liability Insurance: Coverage can be extended over your general liability and auto liability exposures. Not all carriers can provide this coverage.
As you can see, there are plenty of nuts and bolts coverages required to provide an adequate amount of protection for your trucking business.
Our independent agents can give you straight answers about your unique coverage needs and best practices for coverage amounts and protection.
Types of Trucks Otterstedt Insurance Agency Covers
Otterstedt understands that it takes an entire ecosystem of truck types to keep the wheels of industry turning throughout the U.S.
That is why we offer insurance coverage for all kinds of trucks, including:
- Tow trucks
- Semis or tractor-trailers
- Dump trucks
- Car haulers
- Garbage trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Box trucks
What this means is that we have the protection your organization needs no matter what kinds of trucks you have in your fleet. Combine that with our full range of insurance products and specialized coverage, and we offer a full-service shop for trucker’s insurance and so much more.
Why Use Otterstedt Insurance Agency for Your Commercial Truckers Insurance?
Otterstedt Insurance Agency has been serving the needs of businesses and families alike for 100 years. As we venture into the next century of business, we are as committed to serving your needs with quality insurance products, excellent services, and outstanding attention to detail.