No one offers more expertise providing insurance services to New Jersey’s public sector.
The challenges of providing insurance and risk management services to the public sector are unique. Otterstedt provides its clients with a distinct advantage because of our years of expertise serving public entities, our familiarity with local municipalities and our connections in the insurance industry.
We serve over twenty public entities in New Jersey through our seven branches. Several of Otterstedt’s principals are elected or appointed officials within their own communities. We well-understand the day-to-day functions of government and the sensitivities of dealing with elected officials. Meet with us and you’ll see, no brokerage offers more expertise in the public sector than Otterstedt.
Our 90-year tradition of offering personal service inspires us to establish a firm relationship of mutual trust and service with our municipal clients. We work closely with municipalities’ safety coordinator, attorney, auditor, department heads and supervisors. And our staff is uncommonly available to attend meetings, answer questions and give advice.
Otterstedt’s approach isn’t just to wait for your orders. We’re proactive municipal risk managers. Our role is:
- Helping to evaluate your exposures
- Recommending methods to reduce, assume or transfer risk
- Explaining the various coverages available from Local Joint Insurance Funds or private insurance companies
- Guiding clients to the right insurance coverage and most effective risk management practices
- Serving as a conduit in the reporting, monitoring and follow-up of claims
Our value to you doesn’t stop at risk management. Our reputation in the public sector and in the insurance community enables us to attract the most competitive carriers for any type of insurance or bonding need. It also enables us to offer you comprehensive one-source coverage at outstanding rates.
- Property and casualty
- Public officials liability
- Workers compensation
- Employment practices
- Police and emergency response professional liability
- Fidelity bonds
- Accident and health insurance
- Employee benefit plans